To celebrate Holiday 2011, Zoya has released their Gems & Jewels Collection. This collection contains 6 polishes – Izzy, Kissy, Noel, Twila, Holly, and Rina.
Each Jewel shade (Izzy, Noel, Holly) is coordinated with a Gem shade (Kissy, Twila, Rina) for instant holiday glitz. Mix them up for a nice pop of color.
From the Zoya Website:
Zoya Nail Polish presents 3 new jewel toned metallic shimmer polishes and 3 glitzy, glitter glazes (featuring unique bar glitter) for an extra special holiday and winter 2011 season!
The Zoya gems & jewels collection allows for multiple looks!
• Wear the full coverage, jewel toned shades alone for a classic metallic shimmer look!
• Wear the glitzy, glitter glazes alone for a hint of glitz.
• Wear several layers of the glitzy, glitter glazes for a unique textured glitz nail look.
• Layer the the glazes over the shimmers to a totally glam nail jewelry look.
• Layer the glitzy, glitter glazes over other colors to create a totally unique look that is all your own (hint – hint: silver, gold, white and black totally rock under the glazes!).
Izzy is a really gorgeous fuchsia (yes, another fuchsia!) that was opaque in ONE COAT. Yes, you read that right, no need to go back. One coat.
Noel is ice queen blue and went on fairly well. It was opaque in 2 coats.
All in all, this is an ok collection. Noel topped with Kissy would make a nice 4th of July mani, but collectively they look best with their corresponding shade. Personally, I would have liked it better if Zoya would have given the Gems a more opaque base and made 6 thick bar glitter polishes. Now that would be gorg. I think a Gem polish in a silver, a gold, and a purple added in would have been fab…. nix the Jewels.
Polishes from the Zoya Gems & Jewels Collection can be purchased alone for $8 each, as a set of six for $48, or in 2 seperate trios (one for Gems, one for Jewels) for $24 each.