In July 2011 MAC released the Semi-Precious Collection. Semi-Precious is a pretty huge mineral collection. MAC busted out the big guns and brought us some more of what we love – Mineralize Skinfinish – and to compliment that the Mineralize Eye Shadows & Mineralize Blushes. You can check out the full run down in the Press Release.
From the MAC Semi-Precious Collection I purchased:
* 234 Split Fibre Blending Brush
* Gem of Rose Lipstick
* Geo-Pink Cremesheen Glass
* Golden Gaze Mineralize Eye Shadow
* Mineralize Blush in Feeling Flush, Pressed Amber, and Warmth of Coral
* Semi-Precious Mineralize Skinfinish in Rose Quartz, Goldstone, and Pearl
You can click the links above for details, swatches, pics and reviews on each product. Clicking the link WILL navigate you away from this page, but if you right click on the link it will prompt you to open a new window.
If I had to do it over, knowing what I do now I would NOT have purchased:
* Goldstone Mineralize Skinfinish. I was disappointed that this wasn’t a bit darker, and was a bit too shimmery for me.
Things I probably didn’t need:
* Feeling Flush Mineralize Blush because it’s not something I’ll wear a lot. I tend to gravitate more towards nudes and peachy shades. I bought it on a whim in store because it had sold out online lol
I’m happy I caved and bought:
* Pearl Mineralize Skinfinish. Who knew how beautiful it would kick up when all blended together. I thought it would be the thing I was disappointed in the most. Foiled again 😉
I wish I could have bought:
* Natural Flare Cremesheen Glass because it’s right up my alley in terms of shade. I love how the cremesheens are thick and yet not as sticky as the regular Lipglass.
* Lush Amber Lipstick is also right up my alley, though I definitely do NOT need another nude lipstick lol
* ALL of the brushes! They are so soft and beautiful and cool looking. Blast me not being a millionaire!
Overall, I think this was a really cool collection. I love the theme and the names for everything. It would have been nice to see less glitter and more pigment in the Mineralize Eye Shadows
So, what did YOU get from MAC Semi-Precious? If you didn’t get a chance to purchase, what are you lemming? What are your thoughts?