Dior Electric Tropics Summer Color Collection
The house of Dior invites us on an exhilarating journey to the Tropics for his Spring/Summer 2011 Collection: floral motifs, dresses, with sun-steeped prints, feathers and exotic embroidery, ensembles that explore the borders between masculinity and femininity with fresh sensuality. Sailor uniforms get sassy with lace, shagreen prints and crowns of hibiscus, orchids, and South Pacific palm trees.
Drawing inspiration from this collection, which plays up flamboyance and sunny retro refinement, Creative Director of Dior Makeup Tyen presents a collection inspired by paradise. This makeup look highlights the contrast between audacious neon colors and sun-kissed skin.
Dior Vernis introduces two new must-have fluorescent shades straight from the Dior runway. To amp up their shine, each fashion-forward shade comes with an ultra-shiny top coat for a dazzling mirror effect.
* Dior Vernis Electric Tropics Nail Duo in Paradise Pink #558 (Saks and Dior.com) MSRP $26.00
* Dior Vernis Electric Tropics Nail Duo in Aloha #638 (not Sephora) MSRP $26.00
This breakthrough gloss coats the lips in incredible crystal summer shine. The translucent or iridescent shades waver between fruity or tangy peach and pink effects that offer an instant radiance boost. Enriched with a polymer gel, the vinyl texture immediately delivers volume to the lips, backed by long-lasting comfort and optimal hydration.
* Dior Ultra-Gloss Crystal Nude in Luminescent Peach #037 (not Sephora) MSRP $27.00
* Dior Ultra-Gloss Crystal Nude in Sweet Peach #047 MSRP $27.00
* Dior Ultra-Gloss Crystal Nude in Luminescent Rose #077 (not Sephora) MSRP $27.00
* Dior Ultra-Gloss Crystal Nude in Sweet Rose #037 MSRP $27.00
This couture-style summer powder is the must-own accessory that will be coveted by all Dior addicts. Woven like the Lady Dior Avenue clutch, the powder brings a new sparkle to the eyes and flatters the complexion. Each harmony mixes four shades that individually capture a facet of light to reproduce the “healthy glow” of sun-kissed skin.
* Dior Nude Healthy Glow Powder in Aurora #001 MSRP $46.00
* Dior Nude Healthy Glow Powder in Sunset #002 MSRP $46.00
Diorskin Nude Glow Fluid recreates the dazzling illusion of sun-kissed skin. Amber prisms act like color filters that delicately warm up the complexion, creating a strikingly natural effect. Its sorbet texture is concentrated with Mineralized Water for instant and lasting skin-refreshing action. When applied, it transforms into a powder and offers a light, velvety finish for a “bare skin” look.
* Dior Nude Healthy Glow Fluid in Rosy Nude #001 (Specialty doors) MSRP $46.00
* Dior Nude Healthy Glow Fluid in Honey Nude #002 (Specialty doors) MSRP $46.00
* Dior 5-Colour Eyeshadow in Rosy Nude #534 (not Sephora)MSRP $58.00
* Dior 5-Colour Eyeshadow in Rosy Tan #754 MSRP $58.00
* Dior Addict Lipstick in Fire #545 MSRP $28.00
Availability: Dior counters nationwide (except where noted) and Dior.com
*** Collection information and photos were provided by the manufacturer or PR firm. For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy.
BlushingNoir thinks… “I absolutely love the sound of this collection. I’m all about nudes and natural for my day to day looks, so the powders, glosses and 5-Colour’s are right up my alley. For some reason I can’t seem to find swatches or pics of that lippie, but it sounds divine for a night out on the town! Can’t wait to get to the store for this one. This collection is popping up NOW. It’s online for sure and Bloomingdales in Philidelphia told me May 1 it should be at their counter. Keep your eyes peeled!”